Nepal extends trouble-free issuance of visa to all the citizens worldwide at Nepalese Embassies or Consulates abroad and at entry-point Immigration Offices. Presentation of a valid passport, two passport size photos and fees mentioned below are required.
Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepal Embassy/ Consulate or Mission offices abroad, or at the following immigration offices in Nepal:
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
Department of Immigration
The department is located at Maitighar
Tel: 4429660, 4433934, Fax: 4433935
For more information visit the offical website www.immi.gov.np
Pokhara Immigration Office
A visa extension may be requested from the Department and Pokhara Immigration Office. Tel: 061-465167
The airport tax levied on all passengers departing from the Tribhuvan International Airport is NRs 169.50. Nepalese nationals going to SAARC countries are requested to pay NRs 791 and NRs 1130 to all international destinations.
Foreigners intending to visit Nepal must hold valid passport or any travel document equivalent to passport prior to applying for a visa.
- a) No foreigner is entitled to enter into and stay in Nepal without a valid visa. Tourist entry visa can be obtained from the Nepalese Embassy, Consulate, Mission Officers or Immigration Officers located at entry points (except Afghanistan, Swaziland, Palestine, Iraq, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Nigeria).
- b) Free visas for tourists from SAARC countries for 30days only.
- c) One passport size photograph is required.
Visitors entering Nepal for the first time in a visa year can be obtained as tourist visa as follows:
15days: US $ 25
30days: US $ 40
90days: US $ 100
Visa extension fee
Visa extension US $ 2 per day
Visa extension with multiple entry facility in addition to visa fee-US $ 20 *Children below 10 years are exempt from paying visa fee.
A trekking permit is required to visit the interior of the country except the Annapurna, Everest and Lang tang regions. They are obtained at the Immigration offices in Kathmandu or Pokhara. Office Hours Working hours for all government offices, immigration offices and corporations are from:
Sunday to Friday
(10:00a.m. to5:00p.m. in summer)
(10:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. in winter)